What is it and how does it work?
Delegated authority is the most straightforward way to obtain ATE Insurance and Funding, without the need to put together a case proposal and wait for the matter to be reviewed. The process of obtaining a policy via delegated authority therefore requires no separate process of underwriting.
Once approved to the scheme, your firm will have access to the best in class Temple Online Policy System (TOPS). The Agreement will state a pre-established criteria; a case matching this criteria will then be eligible for the scheme. Specific criteria are bespoke to your firm and created between us in partnership, for some examples or more information please call us on 01483 577877.
Approved firms will be able to create the ATE policy simply by following the 5-steps on TOPS, which typically takes less than 5 minutes.
Benefits of delegated authority
We are unique in that our delegated authority scheme provides full delegation to firms to run their cases.
This means that:
- There is no requirement to obtain permission to issue or serve proceedings.
- No need to notify us before any settlement offers are made, accepted or rejected.
- There are no onerous reporting requirements. Solicitors update us through TOPS, whenever a material development occurs. This can be updated by staff members authorised by your firm, including paralegals, legal assistants and secretaries.
- Permission is not required to incur disbursements.
- Firms only need to get in touch with us if they wish to discuss a case or if there is a material development that impacts upon the case’s prospects of success.
- Counsel’s opinion is not required as qualifying cases are determined by the approved firm’s assessment of the merits.
Our delegated authority scheme empowers your firm to pursue cases to their fullest extent with minimal intervention.
Benefits of delegated authority for your clients
By placing your client’s ATE insurance on our delegated authority scheme, the case will benefit because:
- The scheme will empower your firm to pursue cases to their fullest extent with minimal intervention from insurers.
- We have a specialist and market-leading team of underwriters, so we are always a phone call away in the event you require a second opinion or reassurance on a certain matter.
- Our standard policy wording covers interim hearings.
- Your firm does not need to waste valuable time preparing a detailed proposal for our underwriters to review.
- The qualifying merits of success are determined by your firm, so that your client does not need to pay for Counsel’s advice on prospects.