After-The-Event insurance for Nursing Care and Care Home Claims
Nursing care failure forms a clinical negligence action and can also complicate other clinical negligence matters. Aside from hospitals, care homes and district nurses often have continuous, sustained contact with a patient. This means that errors in care may not be noticed for some time and can lead to more extensive treatment being required.
We offer cover for a wide variety of nursing care and care home cases including:
- Failure to carry out adequate falls risk assessments – potentially allowing unsteady patients to mobilise inappropriately
- Failure to prevent and treat pressure ulcers
- Failing to provide adequate personal care
- Injuries causing by using inappropriate equipment for transfers
- Errors in administering medication
- Failure to monitor or accurately record vital signs
- Failure to keep accurate records
Temple’s ATE insurance scheme provides full delegated authority, allowing you to concentrate on handling the case and obtaining the best possible result for your client. Our underwriters have proven expertise and experience and the scheme is backed by an A rated capacity provider.
There are no requirements to seek authority for incurring disbursements, making and rejecting Part 36 offers or issuing court proceedings; we simply ask that you update us at material stages as the case progresses through litigation. Other advantages Temple offer are:
- A user-friendly online system (‘TOPS’) for incepting and updating policies
- Access to Temple Disbursement Funding for any insured cases
- A quick turnaround for all referrals and the important decision you need
- Deferred payment of premiums until the conclusion of the case
- A dedicated premium challenge team to assist in the recovery of the premium
Don’t just take our word for it
See what a number of leading clinical negligence litigators have said about our products and service – click here for their views on the service we offer (Link to https://www.temple-legal.co.uk/solicitors/clinical-negligence-ate/testimonials/
Your Questions Answered
We would ask that insurance is sought as soon as you have been able to make an assessment of the prospects of success, we would expect this to have included a full assessment of the medical records.
Yes, we provide full retrospective authority from the date of the CFA.
Temple support and encourage the use of mediation.
You may also like to read
- ATE insurance for clinical negligence – have you got your risk assessment right?
- ATE insurance for clinical negligence – case studies
- ATE insurance cover for all types of clinical negligence claim
- The role of mediation in medical treatment disputes
Contact Our Experts
We welcome approaches from law firms specialising in nursing care and care home cases with whom we currently do not work. If you would like more information on our clinical negligence ATE insurance and disbursement funding for these types of case, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 514414.
Fraser is an underwriter within the Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Commercial teams.
He joined Temple in 2022 following the completion of his LLM Laws degree at University College London. The study of litigation funding and dispute resolution during his masters led to his interest in the legal insurance industry and in working for Temple.
Fraser graduated in 2021 with a First-Class LLB Law (Hons) degree from the University of Leicester. Alongside his role at Temple, he currently studies part-time at City, University of London on the Bar Vocational Studies course with the assistance of various scholarships.
Fraser’s academic background has given him a vast knowledge base in numerous areas of law, which allows him to be versatile in dealing with whatever legal issues may arise. He strives to provide support throughout the legal process through a speedy, efficient and accurate underwriting service.