After-The-Event insurance for Prescription and Medication Claims
Clinical negligence cases for mistakes when prescribing medication and completing prescription forms can be complex. This is often in relation to causation, with the injuries set against a client’s co-morbidities, meaning reports may be needed in more than one discipline. Temple’s clinical negligence ATE insurance cover will cover the cost of obtaining the required medical evidence. This applies whether it is needed due to the failure either to beat a Part 36 offer or an unsuccessful outcome.
We insure a range of range of prescription and medication case types including:
- Failure to prescribe the correct medication
- Failure to prescribe the correct dosage
- Failure to fill the prescription form in correctly, thus providing medication other than prescribed
- In respect of controlled medications, such as methadone, failure to ensure the patient is witnessed taking the medication
Our ATE insurance scheme provides full delegated authority. This allows you to concentrate on progressing the case and obtaining the best possible result for your client. Our underwriters have proven expertise and experience of these case types and the scheme is backed by an A-rated insurance capacity provider.
There are no requirements to seek authority for incurring disbursements, making and rejecting Part 36 offers or issuing court proceedings; we simply ask that you update us at material stages as the case progresses. Other advantages we offer are:
- A user-friendly online system (‘TOPS’) for incepting and updating policies
- Access to Temple Disbursement Funding for any insured cases
- A quick turnaround for all referrals, and the important decision you need
- Deferred payment of premiums until the conclusion of the case
- A dedicated premium challenge team to assist in the recovery of the premium
Don’t just take our word for it
See what a number of leading clinical negligence litigators have said about our products and service – click here for their views on the service we offer.
Your questions answered
We would ask that insurance is sought as soon as you have been able to make an assessment of the prospects of success. We would expect this to have included a full assessment of the medical records.
Yes, we provide full retrospective authority from the date of the CFA.
Temple support and encourage the use of mediation. We offer mediation incentives, should the case settle at mediation.
Contact our experts
If you would like more information on our clinical negligence ATE cover and disbursement funding or you have any other legal expenses insurance queries, please email email@example.com or call me on 01179 595 495. I look forward to hearing from you.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/forge/temple-legal.co.uk/public/wp-content/themes/temple/page-content.php on line 92