The right legal expenses insurance cover for businesses has never been more needed.
Getting straight to the point, the real value from having insurance crystalises when a problem arises. Right now, there are many businesses looking to make a claim but the legal and financial protection they expect may not be there when it is needed most.
Budgets are tight, but the risks of not being covered are now in sharp focus.
Here at Temple Legal Protection, we are seeing a significant increase in legal disputes, many more calls to our legal (and counselling) helplines and more legal claims. Businesses are facing costly legal battles at the worst possible time – while revenue and earnings are down. This can have a catastrophic impact on a business and its future.
There is a solution
It’s legal protection insurance – also known as legal expenses insurance. This cover helps your business reduce its financial risks in litigation by funding the cost of legal advice and legal proceedings including solicitors, barristers and expert witness’ fees. It can be the additional protection your business needs, especially with the unprecedented levels of uncertainty around at present.
Did you know?
- Most businesses in the UK have more than 4 legal issues a year
- The estimated cost of legal disputes for SME’s is over £13bn a year
- April 2018 to March 2019 saw 121,111 employment tribunal claims applications
- The highest employment tribunal award was £947,585
- A legal expenses insurance basic premium is often less than the cost of 1 hour with a solicitor
- At any one time, 1 in 10 SMEs are being investigated by HMRC to detect ‘counter-avoidance’
Who are Temple Legal Protection?
- Temple is one of the country’s leading underwriters of legal expenses insurance, with over 20 years of knowledge and expertise. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, we provide businesses with legal protection insurance through our partner insurance brokers
- We offer comprehensive commercial legal expenses cover with a £250,000 limit of indemnity. Our cover includes loss adjuster fees, employment pursuit and a 24-hour helpline staffed by legal experts
- Unlike many of our competitors, our cover commences from the date of policy inception – there are no waiting periods
- Our first-class claim service gives you peace of mind, rather than you wanting to give the insurer a piece of your mind – it is provided through expert law firms across the UK, committed to resolving legal problems for your business
- Our insurance partner is Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, the UK’s oldest general insurance company. It has been in the insurance business for 300 years and has an “A” credit rating
For more information on Temple Legal Protection’s commercial legal expenses insurance, or to enquire about purchasing this insurance, please fill out the enquiry form below for details of insurance brokers we work with in your area.
*Please note our legal expenses insurance policies are stand-alone commercial policies designed for businesses, not individuals and are only sold via insurance brokers.