An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our Underwriting team as an Insurance Underwriter. The right candidate will mainly be focused on assessing the merits of a wide range of commercial cases with a view to offering ATE insurance, developing new business and maintaining relationships with our existing professional clients.
It is essential that you have gained experience within a legal environment working on Commercial cases; this could have been earnt whilst working in a law firm; or underwriting After the Event (ATE) or Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI) matters.
The role would suit candidates that excel in:
- Applying their legal knowledge and practical experience of litigation to assess the merits of a wide range of cases including general commercial litigation, professional negligence, banking and finance, insolvency and probate.
- Maintaining good relationships with the firms we work with across the UK and developing new business.
- Liaising with our solicitor clients to manage cases we have already insured and delegated authority schemes.
- Developing your skills as an underwriter through managing risk in accordance with our guidelines and procedures.
The minimum experience required:
- Minimum 5 years PQE (If Lawyer/Solicitor Background) or;
- Minimum 5 years ATE/LEI Underwriting Experience
To succeed with us you will be highly motivated and professional with sound ethical standards and behaviour. Customer service should be second nature to you. Initiative and responsibility are strongly encouraged; a proactive attitude is essential.
- Competitive Salary including Private Medical Insurance* and Pension*
- Flexible working – Monday and Friday work from Home with Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the office.
- Great working location – great for commuting.
- Friendly Office environment
- Financial support towards professional qualifications*
- Annual Salary Reviews
*after successful completion of probationary period.
Please email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com or contact us on 01483 577877.