(Estimated reading time: 1 minute 46 seconds)
Working with children and adults with physical and learning disabilities
Here at Temple we remain committed to our charitable endeavours and to support selected activities of our law firm customers. In this newsletter we asked The Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled People (whom we have supported for several years) to share their story.
The Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled People is a national disability charity based in Surrey. We have more than 85 years’ experience of developing innovative services supporting almost 10,000 disabled people a year to increase their independence and achieve their goals in life.
We work with children and adults who have physical and learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries. Whether it’s developing life skills to live as independently as possible, neuro rehabilitation to rebuild a life after a brain injury, or learning to drive a specially adapted car, we support each person to increase their independence.
We offer a wide range of expert services providing support and advice, specialist care, neuro rehabilitation and development of life skills that make a real difference to disabled people’s lives.
- QEF Care and Rehabilitation Centre: The new centre provides expert, multidisciplinary neuro rehabilitation for people with acquired injury and stroke.
- Mobility Services: Provides a wide range of services focused on helping people of all ages become mobile and independent such as driving assessments for people with progressive disabilities or for people that have suffered an accident and need to learn to drive again.
- MERU: Improves the lives of disabled children by designing and manufacturing specialist assistive products, including MERU’s Bugzi. Bugzi is a powered wheelchair for young children and thanks to fundraised income it can be loaned for free to disabled children.
There are many ways in which we can be supported:
- Run the TCS London Marathon 2022 (We still have places left for 2022, so please get in contact and spread the word)
- Do a Skydive with us
- Attend one of our amazing events
- Create a bespoke fundraising event
- Simply donate